This Norway tour is an extension of the daily trips we offer and is organised on request. On Styggevatnet, we can take a glacier and kayaking tour for two full days!
SPEND ONE WHOLE DAY EXPLORING AND CAMPING NEAR THE LAKE
In Tunsbergdalsvatnet, we can offer a trip of approximately 24 hours! Spend a whole day glacier exploring and kayaking in Norway! Then spend the night in tents near the lake and return to civilisation early the following morning in the kayaks. We can start at either 09:00 or 17:00, depending on what fits into your holiday best.
If we start the tour in the morning, we can wander over the glacier late into the afternoon, knowing we only have a short walk back to our campsite afterward. With the added bonus of spending an evening in this beautiful remote valley comes the advantage of having a lot of extra time to explore the glacier on an unforgettable Norway glacier hike.
Starting the tour in the afternoon is also possible, kayaking to the campsite and using the second day to enjoy Tunsbergdalsbreen glacier to the maximum.
It must be emphasised that Icetroll’s aim is to offer tours designed for people of any ability. These tours are for you, after all! If you’re hoping to experience amazing glacier hiking and some of the best kayaking in Norway, join us for an overnight adventure you won’t soon forget!
- YOU MUST BRING:
- Backpack (at LEAST 40 litre) & sleeping bag (you can hire both of these from Icetroll – 150kr each).
- Warm hat and gloves, warm clothing including a rain jacket, camera, drink bottle, sunglasses, lunch & breakfast.
- Good hiking shoes (running shoes are possible, but not comfortable on the glacier and may get a little wet on the way to the glacier if streams are high).
- If you have a favourite drink for the evening, bring that, it is often beautiful weather at night, to sit and chat and have a drink is perfect.
- Also some light shoes or flip-flops for around the tent in the evening. Bring plenty of snacks as well as breakfast and lunch.
- BRING IF POSSIBLE:
Woolen under layers, waterproof trousers, sun hat, good walking shoes/boots (but don’t buy especially for this tour).
- WE PROVIDE:
All kayak and glacier equipment. Tents, cooking equipment, and dinner. You can hire sleeping bags & backpacks too.
Questions? Visit our FAQS page!